For information about redistributing DCOM95, please review the redistribution guidelines contained in the end-user license agreement (license.txt).
If you elect to redistribute DCOM95, you should include the files DCOM95.EXE and optionally DCM95CFG.EXE on your distribution media. You should run these self-extracting executables from your setup program. These executables will install the correct files only if a more recent version is not already installed. They write the correct registry entries required by DCOM95. They do not install
anything on Windows NT.
By default, DCOM95.EXE and DCM95CFG.EXE display a EULA and other prompts to the user. DCOM95.EXE prompts the user to reboot the system on completion. If you run either executable from your setup program, you may elect to run the self-extracting executables in "silent" mode. You must prompt the user to reboot the system when your setup program exits if DCOM95 has been installed.
To run either DCOM95.EXE or DCM95CFG.EXE in silent mode, use the command line:
[exe-name] /r:n /q:a
The DCOM95 redistributables may only be redistributed as part of DCOM95.EXE. You may not redistribute any of the DLLs in DCOM95.EXE except by using DCOM95.EXE. You may not modify DCOM95.EXE.
DCOM95.EXE is a self-extracting executable that will install the DCOM95 redistributables only if there is not a more recent version of the DLLs in the system directory.
In addition to the rights granted in Section 1 of the Agreement ("Agreement"), with respect to the DCOM95 Redistributable Code, you have the following non-exclusive, royalty free rights subject to the
Distribution Requirements detailed in Section 1 of the Agreement:
(1) You may distribute DCOM95.EXE as part of your software application product solely for use with Windows 95.
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
MICROSOFT PLATFORM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT KIT
IMPORTANT≈READ CAREFULLY: This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement
between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Microsoft Corporation for the Microsoft software product identified above, which includes computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE PRODUCT"). An amendment or
addendum to this EULA may accompany the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS EULA BY INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT; YOU MAY RETURN IT TO YOUR PLACE OF PURCHASE FOR A FULL REFUND.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE.
Microsoft grants you the following rights provided you comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA:
- SOFTWARE PRODUCT. You may install and use an unlimited number of copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on
computers, including workstations, terminals or other digital electronic devices residing on your premises ("Computers") to design, develop, and test your software application(s) ("Application") for use with any version or edition of Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 operating system products and/or any version or edition of any Microsoft operating system product that is a successor to the foregoing and/or any Microsoft product suite that contains any of the foregoing (each a "Microsoft Operating System Product").
- Sample Code. You may modify the sample source code located in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT's "samples" directories ("Sample Code") to design, develop, and test your Application solely for use with a Microsoft Operating System Product. You may also reproduce and distribute the Sample Code in object code form along with any modifications you make to the Sample Code, provided that you comply with the Distribution Terms described below. For purposes of this section, "modifications" shall mean enhancements to the functionality of the Sample Code.
- Redistributable Code. Portions of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT are designated as "Redistributable Code." The text file, \LICENSE\REDIST.TXT, lists the Redistributable code and describes distribution rights associated with the Redistributable Code, subject further to the Distribution Terms specified below.
- Distribution Terms. You may reproduce and distribute an unlimited number of copies of the Sample Code and/or Redistributable Code (collectively "Redistributable Components") as described above in object code form, provided that
(a) you distribute the Redistributable Components only in conjunction with and as a part of your Application solely for use with a Microsoft Operating System Product;
(b) your Application adds significant and primary functionality to the Redistributable Components;
(c) you distribute your Application containing the Redistributable Components pursuant to an End-User License Agreement (which may be "break-the-seal", "click-wrap" or signed), with terms no less protective than those contained herein;
(d) you do not permit further redistribution of the Redistributable Components by your end-user customers;
(e) you do not use Microsoft's name, logo, or trademarks to market your Application;
(f) you include a valid copyright notice on your Application; and
(g) you agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Microsoft from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorneys' fees, that arise or result from the use or distribution of your Application. Contact Microsoft for the applicable licensing terms for all other uses and/or distribution of the Redistributable Components.
- Reservation of Rights. Microsoft reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in this EULA.
- Pre-release code. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT may contain prerelease code that is not at the level of performance and compatibility of the final, generally available, product offering. These portions of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may not operate correctly and may be substantially modified prior to first commercial shipment. Microsoft is not obligated to make this or any later version of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT commercially available. Microsoft grants you the right to distribute test version of your Application created using the PRERELEASE CODE provided you comply with the Distribution
Requirements described in Section 1 and the following additional provisions:
(a) you must mark the test version of your Application "BETA" and
(b) you are solely responsible for updating your customers with versions of your Application that operate satisfactorily with the final commercial release of the PRERELEASE CODE.
You may move the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to a different Computer. Transfer to Third Party. The initial
user of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may make a one-time transfer of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to another end user. The transfer has to include all component parts, media, printed materials, this EULA, and if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity. The transfer may not be an indirect transfer, such as a consignment. Prior to the transfer, the end user receiving the transferred SOFTWARE PRODUCT must agree to all the EULA terms. No Rental. You may not rent, lease, or lend the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
4. LIMITATION ON REVERSE ENGINEERING, DECOMPILATION, AND DISASSEMBLY. You may not reverse engineer,
decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that it is expressly permitted by applicable
law notwithstanding this limitation.
Without prejudice to any other rights, Microsoft may cancel this EULA if you do not abide by the terms and conditions of this EULA, in which case you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all of its component parts.
6. CONSENT TO USE OF DATA.
You agree that Microsoft and its affiliates may collect and use technical information you provide as a part of support services related to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. Microsoft agrees not to use this information in a form that personally identifies you.
7. NOT FOR RESALE SOFTWARE.
SOFTWARE PRODUCT identified as "Not for Resale" or "NFR," may not be resold,
transferred or used for any purpose other than demonstration, test or evaluation.
DCOM98 may not be redistributed. For additional information, please review the redistribution guidelines contained in the end-user license agreement (license.txt).
Microsoft (r) DCOM98 1.3 for Windows(r) 98
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR MICROSOFT SOFTWARE
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This Microsoft End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Microsoft Corporation ("Microsoft") for the Microsoft software product identified above, which includes computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE PRODUCT"). By installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install, copy or use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. This EULA grants you the following rights:
- Software License. Microsoft grants you the right to make and use as many copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT as you have validly licensed copies of Microsoft(r) Windows(r) 98. You may also make copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT for backup and archival purposes.
- Distribution. You may not redistribute DCOM98.
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS
- Academic Edition Software. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is identified as "Academic Edition" or "AE," you must be a "Qualified Educational User" to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. If you are not a Qualified Educational User, you have no rights under this EULA. To determine whether you are a Qualified Educational User, please contact the Microsoft Sales Information Center/One Microsoft Way/Redmond, WA 98052-6399 or the Microsoft subsidiary serving your country.
- Not for Resale Software. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is labeled "Not for Resale" or "NFR," then, notwithstanding other sections of this EULA, you may not resell, or otherwise transfer for value, the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
- Maintenance of Copyright Notices. You must not remove or alter any copyright notices on all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
- Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
- Separation of Components. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed as a single product. Its component parts may not be separated for use on more than one computer.
- Rental. You may not rent, lease, or lend the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
- Performance or Benchmark Testing. You may not disclose the results of any benchmark test of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to any third party without Microsoft's prior written approval.
- Support Services. Microsoft may provide you with support services related to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT ("Support Services"). Use of Support Services is governed by the Microsoft policies and programs described in the user manual, in "online" documentation, and/or in other Microsoft-provided materials. Any supplemental software code provided to you as part of the Support Services shall be considered part of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA. With respect to technical information you provide to Microsoft as part of the Support Services, Microsoft may use such information for its business purposes, including for product support and development. Microsoft will not utilize such technical information in a form that personally identifies you.
- Software Transfer. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA (i) only in conjunction with a permanent transfer of your validly licensed copy or copies of Microsoft Windows 98; (ii) provided you retain no copies; (iii) you transfer all of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades; (iv) if applicable, you include the Certificate of Authenticity, and (v) the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is an upgrade, any transfer must include all prior versions of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
- Termination. Your rights under this EULA terminate upon the termination of your Microsoft Windows 98 operating system EULA. Without prejudice to any other rights, Microsoft may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all of its component parts.
If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is labeled as an upgrade, you must be properly licensed to use a product identified by Microsoft as being eligible for the upgrade in order to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. A SOFTWARE PRODUCT labeled as an upgrade replaces and/or supplements the product that formed the basis for your eligibility for the upgrade. You may use the resulting upgraded product only in accordance with the terms of this EULA. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is an upgrade of a component of a package of software programs that you licensed as a single product, the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may be used and transferred only as part of that single product package and may not be separated for use on more than one computer.